Nonwovens testing from SGS – comprehensive testing capabilities for nonwoven materials and products.
The use of nonwoven materials is ever increasing – from disposable consumer products such as wipes, incontinence products and feminine products to use in clothing, cars, construction, medical supplies, filters, home decorating and more. As a result, the nonwovens industry must meet a wide range of usage applications, specifications and requirements. We offer comprehensive testing capabilities for nonwoven materials and products – from flushability to fiber analysis.
Why choose nonwovens testing from SGS?
We can help you:
- Evaluate the key nonwoven properties that drive the success of your application
- Verify results and findings using advanced and reliable techniques to measure key material and product properties
- Develop specific testing methods to meet your needs
- Reconcile supplier-buyer conflicts and confirm nonwoven product specifications
- Determine which testing may give you the answers to solve your problems
- Develop competitive intelligence efforts by performing reverse engineering on a competitor’s raw materials and products
- Improve your intellectual property or litigation position through legal testing
- Access backup services when you are backlogged and in need of either routine or non-routine testing services
- Provide National Brand Equivalency testing to support your supply chain requirements
- Determine the types of natural and synthetic fibers used in competitive products with fiber analysis. Binder analysis can be performed if the nonwoven is chemically bonded
World-leading nonwovens testing from a trusted provider
As a world-leading provider of testing, inspection, verification and certification we offer you unrivaled expertise in the nonwovens industry. Our independent test laboratories provide a wide range of services, including physical testing, flushability testing, medical supplies testing, analytical, microscopy and fiber services.
Our independent physical testing laboratory performs a wide range of services specific to the nonwovens industry. Our lab performs many AATCC, ASTM, ISO, and NWSP methods for nonwoven materials and products, including physical, optical and testing for key product properties such as absorbency, durability, strength and flushability.
We provide all test methods outlined in the INDA//EDANA Third Edition “Guidelines for Assessing the Flushability of Disposable Nonwoven Products”.
The standards set out by the Association of the Nonwovens Fabrics Industry (INDA) and its European Disposables and Nonwovens Association (EDANA) counterpart include the following tests:
- FG501 Toilet Bowl & Drain Line Clearance Test
- FG502 Slosh Box Disintegration Test
- FG503 Household Pump Test
- FG504 Settling Test
- FG505A Aerobic Biodisintegration Test
- FG506A Anaerobic Biodisintegration Test
- FG507 Municipal Sewage Pump Test
Medical supplies testing
We are ISO 17025 accredited to test nonwoven medical devices such as isolation/surgical gowns and face masks, according to the following methods:
- Synthetic blood penetration resistance
- Hydrostatic pressure resistance
- Spray impact penetration water resistance
Analytical, microscopy and fiber services
Our analytical services team is experienced in testing and solving problems for the nonwovens industry. Whether a substance needs to be identified, a competitor’s product needs to be analyzed, or your own materials need to be evaluated, our analytical research lab experts can meet your needs.
We have extensive expertise in the evaluation of a wide-range of disposable consumer products and their constituent materials, including diapers and adult incontinence products, wipes, medical supplies, surgical gowns and drapes, feminine care pads and tampons.
To find out more about our nonwovens testing services, contact us today.