Physical and Chemical Testing
Physical and chemical testing from SGS ensures your products meet regulatory limits and perform as expected.
Physical testing can be applied at any stage of production, from testing the qualities of raw materials to examining the durability of completed products. Conducted on a hugely diverse range of materials and products, our physical testing services include:
- Evaluation of key product physical characteristics:
- Appearance, color, odor
- pH value
- Melting point
- Flash point
- Moisture content
- Fatty acid composition
- Foam test
For cosmetics and personal care accessories:
- Weathering tests:
- Resistance to corrosion
With our global network of chemical testing laboratories you can rely on us to test for compliance against standards, including determination of:
- Allergens (26 restricted fragrance allergens test)
- Preservatives (e.g. parabens)
- Active ingredients (e.g. UV filters, vitamins, antioxidants, aluminium salts)
- Restricted substances, contaminants and impurities:
- Heavy metals migration (e.g. lead, mercury, arsenic)
- Free formaldehyde content
- 1,4 Dioxane
- Diethylene Glycol (DEG)
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Substances of Very High Concerns (SVHCs)
Our physical and chemical tests help give products a competitive edge by demonstrating their durability, stability and safety to customers. All services are available individually or as part of a tailor made package.
Employ SGS to design a program of testing to meet your tissue and hygiene product requirements.
Tissue and Hygiene ProductsLeafletTissue and Hygiene Products: Delivering safe, compliant and effective productsEveryone uses tissue and hygiene products every day. Making sure they are strong, flexible and reliable for use is paramount. From the absorbency of ... Significant tests: videosLeafletSafety, Quality and Sustainability solutions for the tissue and hygiene industrySignificant tests at a glance - Instant video on your smartphone. ...
All 2 resources