Functional Safety – Machinery
Many manufacturers of machines and machinery safety components are subject to functional safety regulations, as are machine users, due to the hazards involved and potential for injury.
SGS offers a number of machine safety services, including risk analysis, that help organizations comply with international standards such as the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, ISO 13849, IEC 62061, ISO 12100, and IEC/ISO 17305.
We are a notified body for the Machinery Directive, for both entire machines and for machinery safety components. In relation to the functional safety aspects of manufacturing machinery and machine safety parts, we offer:
- Machinery safety training (ISO 13849, IEC 62061, 2006/42/EG, ISO 25119, Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health)
- Conformity assessment (CE marking) according to Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Risk assessments and facilitation according to EN ISO 12100, EN 14121-2
- Consultancy, testing and support relating to the development of safety concepts on machines
- Research of standards and regulations
- Testing and consultancy relating to control technology solutions (ISO 13849, IEC 62061, 2006/42/EC, ISO 25119)
- Review of technical documentation, e.g. operating manuals
- Testing and certification of machines or machinery safety components against standards (ISO 13849, IEC 62061, 2006/42/EC, ISO 25119) and according to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- EMC testing and consultancy, according to regulations
For the operators of machines, we also provide these functional safety services:
- Evaluation, consultancy and testing of additions to, and refurbishments and conversions of, old machines and equipment
- Creation and review of hazard assessments, according to national regulations and Germany’s “Betriebssicherheitsverordnung BetrSichV” (“Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health”)
- Evaluation of substantial modifications (old machinery, retrofits)
Contact us to learn more about our functional safety services for machinery.