Functional Safety – Semiconductors
Designers and manufacturers of complex semiconductors, and system integrators must comply with functional safety requirements.
This means meeting the standards for safety-related semiconductor elements such as Intellectual Property (IP) and Integrated Circuits (ICs). SGS has the regulatory knowledge and system on chip (SoC) industry experience to help.
SGS Functional Safety Services for Semiconductors
To help raise standards and generate confidence within the industry and beyond, we have developed an “ASIL x ready” certification mark that the whole semiconductor development supply chain can work towards achieving.
In addition, we also deliver an extensive range of analysis, assessment, audit, technical consultation and training services:
- Gap analysis for compliance of semiconductor development processes with ISO 26262 and other standards (e.g. IEC 61508)
- Consulting for implementation of ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508) compliant processes in semiconductor development
- Semiconductor-specific expert safety analysis according to standards, including ISO 26262, TR 62380, SN 29500
- Functional Safety Process Audit
- Functional Safety Assessments according to ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508), ISO/PAS 19451, including certification of ICs and IPs as “ASIL x ready”
- Semiconductor-specific training courses on interpreting ISO 26262 requirements
- Personal qualification as a Semiconductor Automotive Functional Safety Professional (SC-AFSP)
- Factory inspections according to safety standards, such as ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508)
- Assessment and certification of IPs and ICs as a Safety Element out of Context (SEooC) according to ISO 26262, part 10
With extensive experience and expertise in functional safety assessment and certification for semiconductors, we are able to support organizations as an expert partner in consortiums and alliances. We currently participate in numerous functional safety projects funded by grants.Email us
Contact SGS today to learn more about our functional safety services.