Performance certification is a detailed and tailor-made scheme from SGS designed to help you convince the market and investors of the performance and reliability of your PV modules and PV systems.
Through our performance certification scheme we work with you to design customized test plans and seals for your PV products, which you can apply in addition to standard IEC testing. Unique to SGS, this scheme enables you to demonstrate the quality and performance of your products, testing them against a range of climates and environmental stresses.
Why module performance certification?
Although voluntary, having a performance certificate has become standard practice in the industry. It offers a way for you to measure performance and demonstrate to your clients that your products will function well over time. This has become a benchmark for investors, giving them confidence that their investment will pay off over the lifespan of your modules.
Our performance certification consists of the following steps:
- Definition of test criteria and creating a testing catalogue
- Test procedure
- Initial tests (optical, safety, electrical performance) according to pass/fail criteria
- Performance testing according to standard test requirements
- Read out tests (optical, safety, electrical performance) according to pass/fail criteria
- Issue report
- License contract with client
- Test report review
- Factory inspection (voluntary)
Rigorous testing procedures
The testing phase looks at the key performance of your modules against the following tests:
- Potential induced degradation (PID) testing
- Salt mist resistance (IEC 61701 etc.)
- Corrosive gas testing (NH3 and others)
- Green testing – restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- Extended climate simulation (DH 3000h, TC 400 etc.)
- Extended load (5,400 Pa, dynamic and earth quake, shock testing)
- Fire testing (UL, ASTM)
- Long term outdoor exposure (wheatering)
- Individual test sequence combination and engineering (parts of IEC and other standards)
Our global knowledge, expertise and state-of-the-art facilities for solar technology ensure that you develop better solar products that are marketable worldwide. We offer not only testing and certifications but are able to serve the entire value chain of the photovoltaic industry.
Contact SGS to find out how our tailor-made performance certification scheme could benefit your business.Email us
Performance Tested MarkLeafletMAke your mark with SGS performance testedWe can do much more than just verify your product for market, we help you meet customer expectations and prepare for consumer organization testing. ...
All 1 resources