Solar certification from SGS demonstrates the quality of your PV modules and ensures that you comply with international standards.
Demonstrating the quality of your PV modules is not only an industry requirement it is also vital in reassuring your clients. If you can show your modules meet solar energy requirements your clients can expect to make a return on their investment in your product.
One-stop quality assurance
At SGS our purpose-built laboratories test PV modules for performance, durability, safety and compliance with legal regulations in line with IEC standards. Our solar certification program is aimed at providing you with a selling argument and confirmation that your products have been quality tested by an independent and qualified third party.
Most common standards for PV modules are:
- IEC 61730:2004 part 1 and 2 are the safety standards for all module technologies
- IEC 61215:2005 is specific to crystalline silicon module performance and type qualification
- IEC 61646:2008 covers Thin Film modules’ performance and type qualification.
Our PV module testing services according to IEC standards include for example:
- Power measurements to standard test conditions (STC)
- Performance at low irradiance
- Performance to nominal operating cell temperature (NOCT)
- Performance evaluation in maritime climate (salt mist) and corrosive gas climate (NH3)
- Measurement of temperature coefficients
- Climatic tests (Damp-heat; Thermal cycling, Humidity-freeze)
- Ultra violet (UV) preconditioning tests
- Hot spot endurance tests
- Mechanical load tests
- Push tests
- Hail impact tests
- Electrical safety tests
- Wet leakage current tests
- Insulation tests
- Ground continuity tests
- Outdoor exposure tests
- Impulse voltage tests
- Electroluminescence test and IR testing
- Factory inspection
Our global knowledge, expertise and state-of-the-art facilities can help you ensure that you develop improved solar products that are marketable worldwide. Our team of experts can perform tests tailored to your needs, and unlike other test laboratories we are able to serve the entire value chain of the PV industry.
With our testing services you can be sure of a reliable and accurate service. We are flexible to your needs and can offer you quick turnaround times.
- Crystalline modules: 3.5 months testing, certification one week after finishing all documents
- Thin film modules: up to 5 months testing, certification one week after finishing all documents
Contact SGS to find out how we can help you meet international standards and whether you might also benefit from our tailor-made solar testing & certification services. Email us
All 1 resources