SGS offers a comprehensive range of services to help clients achieve California Air Resources Board (CARB) certification. We are a tried-and-trusted partner for clients wanting to release their products onto US markets but needing assistance with meeting regulatory standards.
We have an in-depth knowledge of CARB compliance regulations – to tackle formaldehyde levels in composite wood products, for example – and are able to deliver strategic programs in which we guide you through every step of the certification process or smaller projects to support you when extra resource is needed.
A comprehensive certification program includes:
- Consultancy on how CARB regulations apply to your products
- Testing of materials and products – for example of formaldehyde levels in composite wood panels – using CARB accredited testing methodology
- Primary test method: ASTM E1333, chamber method
- Secondary test method: ASTM D6007, chamber method
- Secondary test method: ASTM D5582, dessicator method
- Correlation Testing between factory in-house laboratory and SGS accredited testing laboratory
- Factory inspection services, during which we visit and assess your facilities, and those of key suppliers, for CARB compliance
- Factory QC staff certification (annually)
Conducted at our CARB accredited laboratories, our tests can be used as stand-alone services or as part of a broader CARB certification program conducted by SGS.
SGS is an approved CARB third party certifier. Our CARB certification programs bring together the best of our services and staff, giving you access to world-class expertise that puts your business needs first while meeting the needs of regulators. Email us
Formaldehyde EmissionsLeafletMonitor Formaldehyde Emissions and ensure your competitiveness in the US marketFormaldehyde is produced on a large scale worldwide. One major use includes the production of wood binding adhesives and resins. Formaldehyde was ... CARB Accredited Testing LabsLeafletCARB (California Air Resource Board) Accredited Testing LabsSGS offers Third Party Certification services internationally. The following SGS laboratories in Asia are CARB approved Third Party Certifiers ...
All 3 resources