Consumers’ purchasing and eating habits are changing – today, health, wellness and fitness are key drivers in the supplement market.
Developing supplements can be a costly and time-consuming process. Our one-stop shop solution can answer all your supplement development questions about:
- Infant formula and follow-on formula
- Functional food and nutraceuticals
- Dietary and nutritional supplements
- Foods for sports nutrition
- Total diets and meal replacements for weight control
Our interdisciplinary team of food chemists, microbiologists, regulatory specialists, auditors and inspectors expedite your development timelines, helping you cost-effectively bring consumer-friendly products to the marketplace.
Testing and Analysis
Raw materials, semi-manufactured and finished products – our testing and analysis services cover product properties, ingredients and enriching components. Furthermore, we can test whether products contain undesirable substances that endanger consumer health.
With a network of ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratories, equipped with cutting-edge technology and staffed by experts using the most up-to-date testing standards, we are your perfect test program provider. We offer:
- Microbiological testing – includes testing for pathogenic and spoilage microorganisms, risk assessments and environmental monitoring
- Residues and contaminants – we test for a wide range of restricted substances, including heavy metals, pesticide residues, solvent residues and allergens
- Nutrition and composition analysis – determines the nutritional content of supplements, supports product claims and ensures compliance. Our nutritional and composition tests include analysis of nutritional values, vitamins, minerals and trace elements and amino acids
Certifications and Audits
Audits and certifications are increasingly playing an important role in today’s global business environment. We offer a full range of solutions that follow national, international and industry regulations including:
- GFSI Recognized Standards including BRCGS, FSSC 22000 and SQF
- GMP, cGMP and HACCP
- Gluten-free certification schemes
- ISO 22000, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- FSMA Certifications
- Non-GMO and No GE
- SMETA, social audits and sustainability programs
- Customized and 2nd party audits
Innovative technologies, such as SGS Digicomply and Transparency-One, deliver knowledge, insight, transparency and efficiency to help you manage quality, safety and profitability across the supplement supply chain.
- SGS Digicomply – transforms compliance data into user-friendly actionable knowledge. Our powerful knowledge management platform combines high technology with human expertise to sort and classify multiple data sources into one coherent data feed.
- SGS Transparency-One – discovers, analyzes and monitors all suppliers, ingredients and facilities in the supply chain using real-time data to reduce risk, identify ingredient origins and ensure compliance. Cutting-edge cloud-based technology allows you to check supplier certification, reduce risk, respond quickly and effectively to potential crises, provide customers with up-to-date information, and gain consumer loyalty and trust.
Our label reviews ensure that food and food products including supplements comply with national and international regulations for labeling and content. Our nutrition and labeling specialists can review labels against all relevant criteria, including:
- Allergen compliance
- Descriptive claims
- Health and nutrient content claims
- GMO labeling requirements
- Identity statement
- Ingredients review
- Label layout
- Net quantity of content statement
- Nutrition and composition analysis
- Nutrition facts panel
- Place and name of business
Our global network monitors supplements through:
- Pre-production hygiene inspections
- Initial and during production checks/in-process monitoring
- Final random inspection (pre-shipment)
- Container inspection/temperature monitoring and loading supervision
As the global leader in professional training, we provide innovative learning and development solutions, covering multiple areas and industries, tailored to meet your needs. Our courses are delivered in both face-to-face and eLearning environments, ensuring you achieve your training objectives no matter where you are. Our portfolio covers everything from BRCGS, FSSC 22000 Food Safety System Certification and FSMA, to GMP and HACCP training, food safety, risk management, traceability, hygiene, regulation, food safety culture and more.
We strive to deliver outstanding value at every step of your project by providing:
- Rapid turnaround times
- Technical assistance
- Key account management
- Customized service
- Data management and reporting