Consumer Goods and Retail ATEX 137 and DSEAR Compliance Services
ATEX/DSEAR installation compliance services from SGS – protect workers from fire and explosion risks.
The UK Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) are concerned with protection against risks from fire, explosion and similar events, arising from the use of dangerous substances in the workplace. The regulations set out minimum requirements for the protection of workers from fire and explosion risks related to dangerous substances and explosive atmospheres.
Our services to installers and users of explosion protected equipment complement our ATEX and IECEx Equipment Certification Services.
DSEAR Legal Duties
DSEAR became part of UK law on 30 June 2003. It imposes duties on employers and the self-employed, and is the UK transposition of European Directive 1999/92/EC. Similar legislation applies throughout most of the world and our services can be adapted to local legislation anywhere.
Although the legal framework in Europe is based on ATEX, the same international standards are applicable anywhere in the world, albeit sometimes with minor adaptations for local conditions:
- IEC 60079-10-1 Area Classification – Gases and Vapors
- IEC 60079-10-2 Area Classification – Hazardous Dusts
- IEC 60079-14 Equipment Selection and Installation
- IEC 60079-17 Installation Inspection
With a vast amount of experience in these standards and in explosion protection generally, we provide a comprehensive range of installation compliance services. These unique services are provided by our professionally qualified and experienced staff, all experts in their field, who deliver practical, pragmatic advice and guidance to our customers to assist them in meeting the challenges of compliance with local regulations. Our services include:
- Hazardous area health checks
- User risk assessments
- Hazardous area classification (BS EN 60079-10-1/-2 & Industry Codes)
- Implementation, planning and project management
- Plant and operational hazard analysis
- Management system auditing and plant inspection services
Our hazardous area inspection services ensure the compliance of installations in potentially explosive atmospheres. This service is provided by our experts who deliver practical advice and guidance to our customers to assist them in meeting the challenges associated with local regulations. Our inspection engineers have a minimum of IECEx CompEx 01-04 certification along with recognized industry qualifications and they are highly experienced in the field of hazardous area DSEAR, ATEX and IECex compliance.
Services we offer:
- Initial inspection services for both existing and new electrical and instrumentation equipment (BS EN (IEC) 60079-14)
- Periodic inspection services at visual, close or detailed inspection levels pertinent to the protection type (BS EN (IEC) 60079-17)
- Compiling Ex asset registers and client databases
- Verification of all installed ‘Ex’ equipment databases
- Ensuring compliance with all standards and regulations
- Ex installation and maintenance project management
- Ex remedial repairs
For more information about how our ATEX/DSEAR compliance and explosive atmosphere services can support your business, contact us today.