Energy Production Services for Uranium
Operational improvements can improve grade, recovery or create maintenance efficiencies or other improvements.
SGS has extensive experience providing mine production support and services to the uranium mining industry.
We work with you to:
- Thoroughly evaluate your on-site operations without bias or special interest so you can access the best available technology.
- Provide quick, accurate sampling for production, environmental, grade control and regional exploration samples at an on-site laboratory run by SGS technical experts.
- Give you innovative workable alternatives to bottlenecks in your plant.
- Provide short-term metallurgical commissioning assistance during start-up.
- Assist with training or provide resources to assist with transitions.
- Supervision and inspection of final product quality and shipment
SGS has the expertise and handling protocols to safely support your on-site operations. Whether you are initiating a new project, re-starting an old mill or maximizing your performance from an existing mill, we are able to provide world-class technical support to ensure constant optimal mill throughput and metallurgy. SGS experts can support your operation with the following services:
- In-plant and operational support
- Process and metallurgical consulting
- Equipment optimization
- Water treatment
- On-site labs
- Plant and environmental sampling
- Site operations and closure
- Sustainable process design
- Land, water and data management
- Acid Rock Drainage (ARD) services
- Geotechnical services
SGS’s independent process experts have the extensive testing and plant expertise required to optimize your uranium production. We have over 50 years of experience working with uranium and are committed to ensuring that our staff and operations have a safe, secure, sustainable workplace that meets all applicable regulatory and licensing requirements. The wide range of production services we offer to the uranium industry helps to maximize the economics of your operation, ensuring higher product quality, improved recovery, reduced costs and greater revenue.
Production services for uranium in the USA
The service in which you are interested is not currently available in the USA. However, SGS in Canada has extensive experience with uranium dating back to 1950 and is here to help you. Our Lakefield, Ontario site has experience with the various unit operations important to uranium metallurgy, including comminution, flotation, leaching, SX-EW and geometallurgy. Plus, Lakefield has complete licensing and accreditation by all relevant national bodies for quality, health and safety, transportation and disposal activities related to uranium. Contact us to find out more.