Environment Alaska Environmental Laboratory Services
Alaska environmental laboratory services from SGS – obtain quality, reliable, legally defensible data from the only full-service environmental laboratory in Alaska.
When selecting your laboratory, you need analytical testing geared towards the unique conditions and logistics of Alaska’s diverse environment and quality, legally defensible data. As the only local, full-service environmental laboratory operating in Alaska, we make the choice simple.
Why choose Alaska environmental laboratory services from SGS?
We can help you:
- Meet or exceed the quality system standards of DOD ELAP/ISO 17025 for formally used defense site investigations and remediation projects
- Comply with the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (ADEC) contaminated sites clean up criteria and checklists
- Support long-term baseline studies for mining exploration
- Meet both Alaskan and National Pollution Discharge Elimination System regulations for wastewater pretreatment and storm water permits
- Monitor drinking water from remote village and large municipal public water systems for ADEC and EPA Safe Drinking Water compliance, as well as residential wells
- Manage deliverables, monitor multiple-year data point trends and compare results to regulatory and permit limits utilizing our secure Engage database
Alaskan laboratory services
Originating in the Cook Inlet oil fields in 1964, we are situated in mid-town Anchorage, only five minutes from the international airport, with an expert local Alaskan team in both the Anchorage laboratory and the Fairbanks service center.
With 50 years in Alaska, we understand the logistics of the environmental season and remote sampling. That is why we are the first choice for government and commercial organizations throughout the country and across the Pacific Rim. Combining our experienced project management team with a reliable quality assurance and quality control program, which meets or exceeds your project goals, we work in partnership with you to ensure a successful project.
Our diverse range of capabilities includes:
- Analysis of volatiles, semivolatiles, PCBs, pesticides, trace metals, anions, bacteriological and wet chem methods
- Mobile lab capabilities in remote locations
- A quality assurance program compliant with DoD QSM and ISO 17025 standards
- Data deliverables, including high-resolution, searchable PDF packages and electronic data deliverables in virtually any format (including SEDD, ERPIMs, EQuIS, COELT and Access)
- Online reporting via Engage, our encrypted and password-protected website
- Certifications, including ADEC, DOD ELAP, ISO17025, USCG and USDA soil import permit
Contact us today to find out how we can support your local Alaskan environmental testing needs.