A Step Ahead: Footwear Workshop
Aug 23, 2013, 10:00
Aug 23, 2013, 14:00
Fairfield, United States
The Ultimate Footwear Workshop on Avoiding Painful Production Missteps
Many of the common quality, performance and compliance pitfalls can be avoided…if you know what to look for.
Join SGS for an interactive workshop that will teach you the tricks to spotting potential problems before they arise helping avoid the costly effect of compliance failures. We will review the mechanics, construction and components of footwear to help make you a better assessor of performance issues and regulatory requirements to avoid excessive testing.
Stay a step ahead of challenges by knowing what to look for. Workshop topics will cover:
- Anatomy of a Shoe: Common areas for challenges in production
- Heel to Toe: An overview of the entire supply chain focusing on the technical and regulatory aspects you should be aware of
- Chemistry Cheat Sheet: Key materials to watch out for in footwear production
- Current Trends Happening in Asia Footwear Sourcing
- Lab Tour: An insider view of how footwear testing is executed in a chemistry lab
Who Should Attend: Footwear Sourcing Executives, Production Managers & Quality Assurance Managers
What You Will Learn: How to better protect your brand from the painful pitfalls of compliance, performance and quality issues