Sourcing at MAGIC and WSA at MAGIC
Aug 18, 2013
Aug 21, 2013
Sourcing@MAGIC is North America’s largest, most comprehensive sourcing event, reflecting the fashion supply chain at its most complete.
World Shoe Association@MAGIC represents the most comprehensive trade show in the footwear industry. From soles to stilettos this marketplace offers a week long showcase of international footwear manufacturers. WSA@MAGIC offers opportunities to network, as well as learn nuances of the industry.
Join SGS for two forward thinking industry seminars:
- China remains the center of footwear sourcing for a huge portion of the world marketplace with production capabilities meeting all product levels. However, additional options for sourcing from Europe, South America and other regions exist as interesting production destinations. Join our speakers as they delve into the various aspects of fashion footwear manufacturing options, the challenges and opportunities in various markets and how to make these work for your footwear brand or private label collection
- Monday, August 19, 2013 from 11:00-12:00 p.m.
- Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Level 2, Conference Room 11
- Introduced by: Katherine Stein - Director, International Business Development - Softlines, SGS North America, Inc.
- Speaker: Len Pesko - Principle/Partner, Modern Pulse Consulting Group
- The fashion industry impacts millions of workers’ lives worldwide as well as the levels of pollution. Recent tragic events have finally shaken the consumer to react and brands/retailers to consider options for vendor compliance issues. Innovative new initiatives working hand-in-hand with factories, governments, trade associations and fashion companies are seeking a new vision of responsible and ethical corporate behavior. This thought provoking session with leaders from India, U.S. major brands and a leading compliance agency will explore new options for social compliance via various strategies including the new DISHA program in India (www.aepc-disha.com).
- Monday, August 19, 2013 from 1:45-2:45 p.m.
- Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Level 2 Room N261
- Moderator: Katherine Stein - Director, International Business Development - Softlines, SGS North America, Inc.
- Avedis Seferian - CEO, Worldwide Responsible Accerditation Program (WRAP)
- Jeanine Ballone - Senior Director, PVH & Founder, Zero to Hero Foundation
- Dr. A. Sakthivel - Chairman, Apparel Export Promotion Council of India
SGS will also be available in front of the North Hall to answer any questions you may have or walk through challenges you may be facing.
Visit SGS in the Sourcing@MAGIC VIP Lounge on the second floor or at the WSA@MAGIC Concierge Desk.
Show Dates: August 18-21, 2013
Show Site: Las Vegas Convention Center