How You Can Comply with U.S. Product Safety Requirements for Apparel and Textiles
The Canadian Apparel Federation and SGS North America Inc. invite you to the webinar: How You Can Comply with U.S. Product Safety Requirements for Apparel and Textiles on March 30, 2016.
Mar 30, 2016, 14:00
Mar 30, 2016, 15:30
- David Callet, CalletLaw LLC
- Louann Spirito, Technical Director - SGS North America Inc.
Companies that market their apparel in the United States will want to attend this delaited seminar on US product safety and compliance issues. This session brings together two experts with detailed knowledge of the legal and technical aspects of US product safety laws/regulations. The seminar will cover how you can effectively comply with U.S. Product Safety Requirements for apparel and textiles.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA):
- New Requirements/Standards in the CPSIA
- The Product Testing and Certification Rule, 16 CFR Part 1107
- Section 15(b) of the CPSA—The Duty to Report a Product Safety Hazards
- Enforcement and Civil Penalties
- Compliance Programs—stay two steps ahead!
- Recalls—how to avoid a recall and what to do when it becomes necessary
Textile Specific Requirements:
- Flammable Fabrics Act and CPSC Implementing Regulations
- Children’s Sleepwear Flammability Requirements
U.S. State Requirements:
- California Prop 65
- California Green Chemistry
- State Chemical Laws
Who should attend:
- Quality control staff for firms that market their products in the United States
- Product developers and fabric buyers that want to better understand US product safety and labelling requirements