2017 AAM Annual Meeting and Museum Expo
The American Alliance of Museums Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo is the largest gathering of museum professionals in the world. Visit SGS at Booth #1013.
May 07, 2017
May 10, 2017
Saint Louis, United States
SGS was established in 1878, and operates globally as the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company with 90,000 employees and 2,000 offices and labs worldwide. It is this experience and dedication to quality and transparency that we bring to the art market, to help build trust and promote best practice across the art world. We bring our clients:
- A global network of vetted, qualified conservators to provide coverage in any location
- Consistent application of best practice policies and procedures, to deliver the highest standard of care and attention
- Standardized, image-rich reports prepared on our proprietary software and reviewed by us to ensure quality
- Secure storage of encrypted, digitally-verified reports and high resolution photographs on SGS servers in Geneva, guaranteeing confidentiality while permitting them easy access to their reports
- A dedicated in-house team of experts from the art, heritage, and conservation worlds using innovative technology and state-of-the-art equipment
- Objective and reliable scientific expertise, and technical and forensic analysis
Visit SGS' session: Better, Faster, Easier- A New Idea for Condition Reporting from SGS
A condition report's purpose is simple: to provide a thorough, objective accounting of the current state of condition for any work of art before, during, and after important moments in its lifespan. Despite this seemingly simple focus, there is dramatic variability in the quality and content of the condition reports, and their reliability and lack of standization has proved to be problematic. Learn how SGS has solved these problems and can support museums of all sizes in their acquisitions, exhibitions, and loans programs.