2017 FDRA Footwear Construction Workshops
SGS and Footwear Distributers and Retailers of America (FDRA) are joining forces to bring you the 2017 Footwear Construction Workshops. A series of workshops that will help attendees conceptualize the footwear manufacturing process.
May 16, 2017
May 18, 2017
We invite footwear designers, product development, materials, and sourcing managers and professionals to join us at this one day workshop in Boston on May 16, and in NYC on May 18 (Portland and Montreal workshops to follow this fall).
The workshop will focus on:
- How fashion and athletic footwear is actually constructed/manufactured in factories
- Materials used in the manufacturing process
- Quality control and management issues to consider
- A deeper look at current leather and bonding issues seen at factories today
- A review of where shoes are made globally and current material costs
This workshop features presentations and examples from manufacturing and materials experts. It will help attendees conceptualize the footwear manufacturing process, provide key updates and insights into pressing issues we see across the industry. This is a critical workshop for designers and product development teams who have not had such a manufacturing overview.
Select the location that is most convenient for you below to view the event details and full agenda.
FDRA Members and SGS Clients: $150