An Introduction to CMMC
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is a verification mechanism that is a prerequisite for Defense contractors and sub-contractors working with the US Department of Defense (DoD). This webinar intends to present the CMMC model at an introductory level.
Mar 30, 2020, 08:00
Mar 30, 2020, 09:00
- Overview of the origins of the CMMC model,
- What are the intended outcomes and structure of CMMC?
- Discuss the CMMC structure in detail,
- Discussion on one of CMMC's parent references, the NIST 800-171 series of standards. Through the sampling of 3 of the CMMC domains.
- Understand, how the requirements from NIST 800-171 and additional requirements in CMMC Maturity Levels 4 & 5 apply within the new scheme.
- Introduction to CUI (Controlled Unclassified Information) and FCI (Federal Contract Information)
- What is CMMC - CMMC model framework
- CMMC Maturity Levels and Description/Focus
- CMMC Domains
- CMMC Capabilities
- CMMC Processes
- CMMC Practices across Domains per Level
- Overview of the NIST 800-171 series of standards.
- 3 candidate domains (Configuration Management, Risk Management and Incident Response)
- Questions and Answers
DOD contractors needing an introduction to CMMC.
Dr. S Ravi Jagannathan serves as NAM Product Manager with SGS for ISMS, IT SMS, BCMS and Cybersecurity.
Ravi has over 23 years experience in the IT certification industry. He has conducted over 1000 third party audits against numerous international standards.
For more information, please contact:
t: +1 201 508 3000