Industrial Manufacturing Metallurgical Reverse Engineering
Metallurgical reverse engineering services from SGS – identify the metallurgical and chemical characteristics of components, and gain essential data for reproducing products.
When you need to reproduce a product without knowing the metallurgical and chemical characteristics of components, you need highly specialized testing. Our metallurgical reverse engineering services can help you determine the characteristics of components from a broad range of industries.
Why choose metallurgical reverse engineering services from SGS?
We can help you:
- Determine the metallurgical and chemical characteristics of components
- Gain the data you need to reproduce a product
- Identify the manufacturing method of a component
- Acquire a detailed engineering report to identify material grade, method of manufacturing, heat treatment condition, and mechanical properties
Expert reverse engineering from a leading provider of metallurgical services
As a world-leading provider of metallurgical services we offer unrivaled expertise in metallurgical reverse engineering for a wide range of industries.
Standard evaluation includes:
- Chemical testing and identification of AISI, ASTM, or SAE material grade
- Visual and metallographic (microstructure) examination of a component to determine manufacturing method, including cast, hot forged, hot or cold rolled, stamped, extruded, or sintered methods
- Heat treatment condition of the component
Some of the typical conditions vary from annealed, normalized, quenched and tempered, austempered, gas carburized, nitrocarburized, flame hardened, and induction hardened.
We also offer mechanical testing of products, including tensile, Charpy impact, and hardness testing to verify any supplied specification requirements.
To discuss your metallurgical reverse engineering requirements, contact us today.