Industrial Manufacturing Case Depth and Hardness Examinations
Case depth and hardness examinations from SGS – precise metallographic verification of a carburizing or carbonitriding heat treatment.
To verify each carburizing or carbonitriding heat treat batch or lot, case depth and hardness examinations are required. We offer precise case depth and hardness examinations, using state-of-the-art laboratory testing and the very best industry expertise.
Why choose case depth and hardness examination from SGS?
We can help you with:
- Metallographic verification of a carburizing or carbonitriding heat treatment
- Depth verification of the carbon diffusion into the component surface
- Visually measuring case depth using an optical microscope
- Testing in accordance with SAE J423
- Case carbon analysis by optical emission spectroscopy (OES)
Precise case depth services from a leading provider of metallurgical services
As a world-leading provider of metallurgical services we offer unrivaled expertise in case depth and hardness examination. To test for the total case depth and hardness, we will:
- Section and prepare the sample for metallographic examination
- Etch the prepared metallographic specimen
- Measure the total case depth
- Verify the depth measurement in at least three separate locations
- Examine the case microstructure for any detrimental microstructural conditions
To discuss your case depth and hardness examination, talk to us today.