Mining Magnetic and Electrostatic Separation
SGS has extensive expertise in magnetic and electrostatic separation. We have a wide selection of equipment for bench and pilot scale testing, so we can fulfill requirements for many commodities.
Our equipment can either be used in a stand-alone mode for individual sample processing or integrated with other unit operations in a processing flowsheet or recycling operation.
SGS has extensive experience (hundreds of projects) using these techniques. We can:
- Provide flowsheet development for iron ore, gold, chromite, tin, tungsten and tantalite using our bench scale magnetic and electrostatic equipment
- Test developed flowsheets with pilot scale separators or install pilot scale magnetic separators for on-site trials
- Batch process exploration samples to prepare heavy mineral concentrates for further analysis
- Provide expertise to assist with the commissioning of the magnetic or electrostatic separators within your plant
Conduct audits of your existing operations
Provide troubleshooting/diagnostic assistance
SGS uses mineral separation in situations ranging from small-scale projects to full-scale pilot plants. Our capabilities include wet and dry magnetic separation in both low and high intensity magnetic separations with field strengths up to 25,000 gauss. Our equipment base includes both bench and pilot scale equipment:
- Davis Tube and Satmagan separators
- Belted roll and induced roll separators
- Drum separators, including rare earth element drums
- Rare earth element magnetic separators
- Eddy–current electrostatic separators
Magnetic separation is a well-established separation technique and has become increasingly popular as new equipment on the market enhances the range of separations possible. It is an attractive process choice because of low capital and operating costs and the lack of chemicals to cause environmental concerns.
Contact SGS today to see how our experts can integrate magnetic or electrostatic separation into your process flowsheet or recycling operations.
Magnetic and electrostatic separation in the USA
The service in which you are interested is not currently available in the USA. The contact details for your nearest SGS office able to offer this service are shown on this page and local experts will supply you with further information.