Gulf Coast Conference October 2018
SGS will showcase a growing number of laboratory expansions and capabilities serving our petroleum, natural gas, and petrochemical customers in the Gulf Coast region, and beyond.
SGS oil, gas and chemical personnel will be exhibiting, presenting, moderating, and participating in the upcoming Gulf Coast Conference at the Moody Gardens Convention Center in Galveston, Texas. The Gulf Coast Conference runs October 16-17, 2018. The SGS exhibit is located at booth space 518. A dedicated team of laboratory testing professionals will be on hand to answer your questions and work with you to find solutions to your quality analysis and testing challenges.
With a focus on analytical laboratory testing, SGS will showcase its growing network of new and upgraded laboratories serving the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries in Texas, Louisiana, and Alabama. New or enhanced laboratories include Deer Park, Bayport, Texas City, Beaumont/Nederland/Port Arthur, and Corpus Christi.
An SGS expert on natural gas quality will be presenting at the Gulf Coast Conference. Kristen Levin Cassels will present "Gas Fuel Quality is Changing and Contaminates are Increasing: How to protect your gas fired turbine engines" on October 17 at 9 AM in the Iris Room of the Moody Gardens Convention Center. Ms. Kristen Levin Cassels' paper will focus on the quality challenges power generation customers are facing from feedstock fuel components and contamination, including natural gas and liquid fuels. Gas Turbines use a wide range of gaseous and liquid fuels, from many sources including gas fuels and especially the production of 'green gas' fuels such as sour gas and land fill gases.
In addition, Erik Holladay will be a moderator for several Gulf Coast Conference technical sessions. SGS has plenty to share with 2018 Gulf Coast Conference attendees.
Recent SGS lab developments to be shared at the Gulf Coast Conference include:
- SGS Deer Park laboratory expands ISO 17025 accreditation to over 50 tests and 108 test methods.
- The SGS Beaumont / Port Arthur Laboratory awarded ISO 17025 Accreditation for over 40 tests by 100 test methods.
- Natural Gas and Light Hydrocarbons Testing expertise.
- SGS opening new expanded chemical testing laboratory in Bayport, Texas in 2018.
- SGS Texas City laboratory open and providing full test-slate analysis for bunker fuel, fuel oil, VGO (vacuum gas oil), and crude oil.
- SGS is opening new oil, chemical, and natural gas testing laboratory in Corpus Christi.