SGS Accredited to Perform ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Assessment Services
The ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) has accredited SGS North America to perform ISO/IEC 27701:2019 assessments as an extension to our information security standard assessments. This standard, an enhancement of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security, helps to protect organizations from privacy threats.
The number of cybersecurity incidents is increasing each year and in 2020 resulted in costs of several hundred billion dollars.
To mitigate threats such as these, organizations must take steps to protect the private information they manage. They can do this by implementing a privacy information management system (PIMS), which helps to protect both personal identification information (PII) and the individual’s privacy related choices. GDPR, CCPA and other privacy regulations require organizations to implement a PIMS to protect personal data.
ISO/IEC 27701:2019 provides guidelines on the structure, establishment, implementation and maintenance of a PIMS. Certification to this standard reduces your organization’s risk of privacy violations and the associated penalties and assures stakeholders that their information is secure. PIMS certification sends a message that you are serious about data privacy.
Sectors at Highest Risk for Data Breaches
- Financial: personal financial accounts, credit card numbers, financial transaction details and asset volumes can all be compromised, potentially causing serious losses, financial discrepancies, fraud or identity theft
- Medical: a breach of personal heath information (PHI) can reveal many individuals’ personal information, including details about their physical and psychological health
- Legal: lawyer’s hard drives, email accounts and smartphones can house sensitive information and clients’ PII and intellectual property
- Internet: websites and email can be compromised to learn, store and share the PII of users
How SGS can help
SGS North America can now offer a number of customized ISO/IEC 27701:2019 solutions:
- ISO/IEC 27701 appreciation and interpretation training
- ISO/IEC 27701 gap analysis and pre-assessment
- Structured ISO/IEC 27701 certification audits
Our seasoned auditors will help you to ensure that your PIMS is in compliance with ISO/IEC 27701:2019, identifying areas of non-conformance and opportunities for improvement.
For further information contact:
Dr. Seshadri Ravi Jagannathan
Product Manager – ISMS, IT SMS, BCMS & Cybersecurity
Senior Lead Auditor
t: +1 281 705 4771
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.