Oil and Gas Natural Gas Testing
Natural gas testing from SGS – ensure the quality of your natural gas throughout the supply chain.
Natural gas can be processed, bought and sold many times before reaching the end user. Determining natural gas quality allows producers, consumers, buyers and sellers to obtain valuable information that can be used to measure economic value and detect potential safety risks caused by contaminants and corrosion-causing compounds. Our natural gas testing and analysis services provide you with valuable data on purity and composition that you can use to protect your infrastructure, assets, employees and interests.
Why choose natural gas testing from SGS?
We support operations across the natural gas production, process, and supply chain, including:
- Gas field wellheads
- Separation and processing units
- Gas power plants
- Gas turbines
- Gas furnaces
- Liquefaction plants
- Bulk gas storage terminals
- Marine cargo movements
Our natural gas composition, testing and measurement expertise includes:
- Component table and analytical offerings for C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6+, C7+, C9+, C10+, C10+ with BTEX, C12+, C14+
- H2S content, sulfur content, mercaptans, sulfur species characterization by sulfur chemiluminescence detection (SCD)
- Acetylene, ethylene, propylene, butylene
- Raw and fixed gas impurities
- Flash gas analysis
- Natural gas odorants detection
- Radon 222 isotope detection and analysis
- Arsine, phosphine, ammonia, mercury, siloxane
- Nitrogen, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and oxygen content
- Inert hydrocarbons detection
- Water and moisture content
- Trace metals and particulates
- Condensates, wet gas, natural gas liquids (NGL)
- Fuel gas and turbine gas analysis for natural gas turbines
- Calculated natural gas properties:
- Pressure base matrix
- BTU, gross heating value (GHV) and net heating value (NHV)
- Higher heating value (HHV) and lower heating value (LHV)
- Critical temperature and critical pressure
- Compressibility, relative density, vapor density
- Hydrocarbon dew point by equation of state modeling
- Physical property constant calculations
- GPA 2145, GPSA Engineering Data Book, GPA TP-17
- ASTM D3588, ASTM D2598
- ISO 6976, ISO 8973
We adhere to a multitude of GPA, ASTM, ISO and UOP natural gas methodologies and provide customizable reports. We offer easy-to-arrange natural gas cylinder rental and shipment for proper collection of your test samples. Our certified technicians are also available for sample collection.
Natural gas testing and analysis from a world leading provider
As a world leading provider of natural gas testing services, we have extensive experience working with energy customers. In addition to testing and analysis, we offer natural gas customers metering, measurement, allocation and related services.
Contact us today to learn more about our natural gas testing and analysis services.