ASTM Aviation Gasoline Testing
ASTM aviation gasoline testing from SGS – ensure the quality of your aviation fuel.
The quality of aviation fuel has a significant effect on product performance and supply. We determine the quality of aviation fuel by testing its properties to ASTM specifications.
Why choose ASTM aviation gasoline testing from SGS?
We test fuel samples around the world for quality and contamination issues. The following Avgas grade fuels are tested in our US labs:
- Grade 80/87
- Grade 82UL
- Grade 85UL
- Grade 91/96
- Grade 91/96UL
- Grade 100 (100/130)
- Grade 100LL
- Grade 115/145
We also test additional propeller-driven internal combustion aviation fuel formulations.
Tests that we offer include:
- Motor octane number (ASTM D2700)
- Aviation lean rating (ASTM D2700)
- Supercharge performance number/rich rating (ASTM D909)
- Tetraethyl lead (ASTM D5059)
- Color (ASTM D2392)
- Density (ASTM D4052)
- Distillation (ASTM D86);
- Vapor pressure (ASTM D5191)
- Freezing point (ASTM D2386)
- Sulfur (ASTM D2622)
- Net heat of combustion (ASTM D3338)
- Copper corrosion (ASTM D130)
- Oxidation stability, potential gum (ASTM D873)
- Oxidation stability, lead precipitate (ASTM D873)
- Water reaction, volume change (ASTM D1094)
- Electrical conductivity (ASTM D2624)
A world leader in fuel quality testing
We are the world's leading testing, inspection, verification and certification company, with extensive experience and expertise in fuel testing. We provide fuel quality testing for aviation gasoline, jet fuel and all other refined petroleum and biofuel products. We provide the full range of ASTM D910 tests. Our testing services support the entire aviation fuel supply chain, from the refinery to transport, distribution, storage, and aircraft owners and operators.
Contact us to learn more about ASTM Avgas testing.