Ethanol Fuel Testing
Ethanol fuel testing from SGS – ensure the quality of your blended fuels.
Ethanol is blended into a wide range of gasoline fuels, including E10, E15 and E85 in the USA. The quality of blended gasoline fuel can be affected by ethanol purity and other factors. Our fuel ethanol cargo inspection and laboratory testing services help fuel blenders, distributors, refiners and traders maintain fuel quality standards and mitigate quality control issues.
Why choose ethanol fuel testing from SGS?
We test ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels for content and impurities to a full range of industry and regulatory standards, including ASTM, NBR, ISO, AOAC and others. Additional biofuel and ethanol-related tests are also available. Our ethanol testing and inspection services are available in the USA, Brazil and other major fuel ethanol consumption and exporting countries around the world.
Our ethanol fuel quality tests include:
- Acidity, ASTM D1613, NBR 9866, EN 15491
- Alcoholic strength, NBR 15639
- API gravity, ASTM D4052
- Appearance, visual, color
- Chloride, ASTM D512, EN1549
- Chlorides, NBR 10894
- Composition by gas chromatography
- Copper, ASTM D1688, NBR 11331, EN 15837
- Denaturant, ASTM D5501
- Denatured fuel ethanol for blending with gasolines, ASTM D4806
- Denaturant testing for aromatics, benzene, and olefins, ASTM D5580
- Diethyl phthalate content
- Electrical conductivity, NBR10547, EN 15938
- Ethanol, ASTM D5501
- Ethanol, higher saturated alcohols, EH 15721
- Evaporative residue, NBR 8644
- Fuel ethanol, E75, E85
- Gum, ASTM D381
A world leader in fuel grade ethanol testing and inspection
We are the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, with extensive experience and expertise in ethanol fuel testing, as well as fuel quality testing for gasoline, diesel, jet and all other refined petroleum and biofuel products. We support the entire fuel supply chain, from the refinery to transport, distribution, storage and the end user.
Contact us to learn more about fuel grade ethanol testing and inspection services.