Trace Metal Testing and Analysis
Comprehensive measurement and determination of trace metals in crude oil, fuels and other hydrocarbons.
Trace metal content poses a constant challenge in the production, refining, and distribution of quality crude oil and petroleum refined products. Understanding, monitoring and managing trace metal levels for refineries, pipelines, storage tanks and traders can have a direct impact on refinery yields, catalyst preservation and infrastructure protection. Trace metals can also cause corrosion problems, safety risks and profitability impacts. We can help you manage trace metal issues with laboratory analysis of crude oils, refined petroleum products and related hydrocarbons in the USA and globally.
Why choose trace metal testing from SGS?
- Rapid trace metal analysis for crude oils, fuels, intermediates, chemicals, feedstocks, condensates, natural gas liquids (NGL) and additional refined petroleum products
- Laboratories staffed by experienced chemists equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation
- A wide range of trace metal detection, including trace to ultra-trace sensitivity, including parts-per-million (ppm), parts-per-billion (ppb), and parts-per-trillion (ppt) levels
- Trace metal analytical techniques, such as ICP, ICP-MS, AA and other testing options
We can provide analysis and testing for a wide range of trace metals in hydrocarbons including:
- Antimony, Arsenic
- Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper
- Iron, Lead
- Manganese, Mercury, Molybdenum
- Nickel, Selenium, Vanadium
- Additional trace metals, molecular species and compounds
Fast, accurate results from a leading provider in trace metal testing
As the world’s leading testing, inspection, certification and verification company, we offer you unparalleled experience in specialized testing and analysis for the oil and gas industry. With our international reach and network of state-of-the-art laboratories, we ensure that you get the most accurate and reliable results, wherever and whenever you need them.
Trace metals analysis follows ASTM and other oil & gas industry test methods, including:
- ASTM D1976, Metallic Elements by ICP
- ASTM D3831, Manganese Content
- ASTM D4628, Barium, Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc in Lube Oil
- ASTM D4951, Metals in lube oil
- ASTM D5184, Aluminum, Silicon in Fuel Oils
- ASTM D5185, Additive Elements and Wear Metals
- ASTM D5673, Trace Metals
- ASTM D5708, Nickel, Vanadium, Iron in crude oil and residual fuel
- ASTM D5863, Trace Metals, Nickel, Vanadium, Iron, Sodium
Our laboratories also provide testing for other trace elements and elemental compounds, including sulfur.
To discuss your trace metal testing requirements, contact us today.