Transportation Homologation and Consulting Services
When looking to sell vehicles or vehicle parts in different international markets, you need to be aware of each market’s specific legal requirements and obtain the necessary approvals.
At SGS, we provide vehicle homologation and homologation consulting services to assist you with, or facilitate for you, the approval process. We will ensure that your products are in full compliance with the relevant standards and regulations.
What type of homologation services do we provide?
We can assist you in navigating the current regulations to ensure you can sell your vehicle or vehicle components in your preferred market. From start to finish through various US, European and non-European approval authorities we can handle your approval process. Our automotive homologation consultants can:
- Help you determine the technical and legal requirements for your target markets
- Identify the approvals you need, based upon our research results
- Optimize the number and efficiency of required tests
- Offer you specific advice on issues that may emerge due to gaps or unclear wording in the legal standards that provide the basis for testing
- Support you during the approval process, from the time of filing your application through receipt of your approval certificates
- Assist you in the preparation of your manufacturer’s documentation for various markets
- Support you in obtaining approvals for components, systems or vehicles in accordance with the US FMVSS, German StVZO, EC directives, ECE regulations as well as other international laws and automotive homologation standards with specific expertise in China, Turkey and Taiwan
- Connect you with our accredited homologation testing service providers
- Offer support on manufacturer’s documentation
- Consultation on certification and safety issues as well as e-mobility
Our experts sit on the industry bodies and committees that develop regulations and define the requirements to be met by new technologies. This gives us unprecedented access to information on current trends and developments.
A wide range of vehicles and systems
Our homologation services cover a wide range of vehicles and systems from full gas and electric vehicles (EV) to in-car safety devices, including dynamic control systems, Assisted Emergency Braking (AEB) and Electronic Stability Program (ESP) as well as other driver assistance systems with regard to functional safety and performance. Renowned for our expertise in vehicle homologation, we ensure your compliance with the standards and legal requirements of the following:
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) – United States
- European Community (EC) – the e-mark is the proof of compliance with directives (laws) required by the European Union
- Economic Commission for Europe (ECE) – the E-mark is based on ECE regulations
- Vehicle Safety Certification Center (VSCC) – Taiwan
- China Compulsory Certificate (CCC) – China
As an ISO/IEC 17025 compliant Technical Service, we handle your approval process through the various US, European and non-European approval authorities. We evaluate vehicles, systems and components on your behalf and prepare the test reports you need in order to apply for approvals.
Why choose SGS?
SGS is designated for over 200 national and international testing procedures, including EC framework directives 2007/46/EC for class M (passenger cars and buses), N (trucks) and O (trailers) vehicles, plus 2002/24/EC for class L vehicles (motorcycles and light 3- and 4-wheeled vehicles).
Our experts conduct these tests throughout our global network of ISO/IEC 17025-compliant laboratories and external testing labs. Your own laboratory may also be used for testing, provided it meets the relevant requirements.
Contact SGS to find out how our vehicle and component level homologation and homologation consulting services can help you navigate the approvals process and gain access to your target markets.