SGS Testing Services Lapeer
Offering fuel system testing services to clients in the automotive, marine, small engine, military, aerospace, agriculture, and portable fuel container markets, our Class I Division I lab in Lapeer, MI is equipped to help you with your testing needs.
From simple tensile measurements to complex engineering evaluations requiring simultaneous measurement and control of vibration, temperature, flow, and altitude, we deliver quality results, unparalleled service, and fast turnaround times.
Just north of suburban Detroit, our ISO 17025 accredited facilities include more than 40,000 square feet of lab space. We assist clients with certification compliance testing and submission, as well as develop and perform custom tests for individual companies and industry groups.
Automotive testing services focused on fuel systems and fuel system components
Our test facilities offer turnkey services, with state-of-the-art testing cells, on-site engineering personnel, technical support staff and complete warehousing capabilities.
With extensive industry experience, our experts deliver comprehensive, tailor-made services to meet your organization’s specific requirements. Our advanced control systems provide test results with a high degree of accuracy and dependability, easy access to the control parameters, and quick analysis of engine and vehicle data. We will deliver data you can depend on for product development, regulatory and compliance testing.
Our services include:
- Durability testing of fuel pumps, modules and level senders in gasoline, diesel and other fuels
- Evaporative emissions measurements using SHED, weight loss, CARB or EPA
- Gas and diesel fill testing with variable dispense rates and temperatures
- Vibration testing with temperature and pressure cycling as well as fuel recirculation
- Thermal cycling with fuel
- Pressure-vacuum, UV, and slosh, both tilt and lateral, testing with fuel
- Tensile, drop, and burst testing
- Complete DVP&R and PVP&R programs for fuel systems
- Fuel tank slosh noise measurements
- Fuel pump noise measurements during operation in fuel
- Canister testing for a range of parameters, such as capacity, durability, load, purge temperatures, and more
- Our experts routinely work with clients to develop and perform custom tests
Marine, SORE and PFC Testing Services
Our experts work closely with industry groups such as EPA, CARB, SAE, ASTM, NMMA and ABYC to stay up to date with and shape current standards, so you can be confident you’re getting the testing you need to get your product to market. Our facility is ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited (Certificate # AT-1389) since 2002 through ANSI-ASG/ACLASS.
We test to the following standards:
- MARINE: Compliance testing to ABYC H24, H33 and H25 standards | 33 and 40 CFR | ISO 10088 and ISO 21487 | CARB TP-511, TP-512, TP-1501, TP-1502, TP-1503, TP-1504, TP-1505 and TP-1505-A | SAE J1171 Ignition Protection and SAE J1527 Fire Resistance
- PFC: Compliance testing to ASTM F-852, F-976 standards | CSA standards | AS/NZS 2906 | EPA 59.600 | CARB TP-501 and TP-502
- SORE: Compliance testing to EPA 40 CFR 1051 | 1060 regulations | CARB TP-901 and TP-902
- Preparation of EPA, CARB, ASTM and CSA submission packets
- And more
To find out more about our services, contact the team of testing experts at our Lapeer lab today or complete the inquiry form.